Alpha-09 proj 40something of 56: minor stuff

Details of features as they're being worked on or discussed internally.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forum
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha-09 proj 40something of 56: minor stuff

Postby forum » Fri May 05, 2017 9:44 am

Alpha-09 project 40-something of 56 or whatever... Finished writing tutorial patches for the new Channel features and the new Adder module. I've done maybe 5 minor to-dos today. I've got 2-3 really big projects left, but the remaining small projects are looking less and less interesting as time goes on. I think I won't be doing a fair number of them after all.

An example of what is too small to even mention by name: renaming some variables of some modules so they kind of fit into a larger scheme.

An example of what I might put off: making the MIDI timing clock usable inside a patch, which would actually be a great feature but a lot of work for its comparatively limited appeal. And I can always do that after production releases are available. The key thing to do now is the CHANGES to functionality, not the NEW functionality. This is because changes to functionality make existing patches stop working, which would be a disaster once there's a large user community. In contrast new functionality can be rolled out after there are lots of users as it doesn't have any negative impact.

Return to “Developer's Blog”