Alpha-09 proj 20something of 56: Envelope REALLY Finished

Details of features as they're being worked on or discussed internally.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forum
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha-09 proj 20something of 56: Envelope REALLY Finished

Postby forum » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Alpha-09 subproject: Envelope re-write. It had almost a dozen bugs to find, but now it is able to generate correct results for all the about 740 patches I ship it with. It should be a bit easier to use, because I've renamed some input variables, and the performance is definitely increased.

There's still a few things I'd like to do that wouldn't be hard. For instance right now it works on a a Time and Level paradigm. This can give unexpected and probably undesired results in a few situations that'd give the right result for Rate and Level. Example: 1 sec attack, 1 sec decay/release. If you hold the note just a half-second though, and it only gets up to half volume, you'd expect the release to take about half the time as well, but it will always take full time. Oh well, I'm leaving this on the to-do list.

Next project and it should be a simple one: a "sample history." You will be able to see the value of any variable X samples in the past by using a @X notation. This can be used for:

-- writing your own digital filters

-- feedback for instance in a DX-7-like FM setup

-- first derivative of MIDI controls

Return to “Developer's Blog”