Alpha-09 proj 20something of 56: Envelope almost done

Details of features as they're being worked on or discussed internally.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forum
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha-09 proj 20something of 56: Envelope almost done

Postby forum » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Performance modifications to the Envelope are done. This made Moselle's benchmark speed running all 700 patches about 2-3% faster, which might mean the envelope is 15-50% faster. It isn't a big deal now but in Alpha-10, when I do a HUGE speedup of Moselle, this will pay off...

Besides these performance changes, I also renamed the WaitX input for each segment to StopX (since they do something completely different than the identically-named Wait envelope segment).

I fixed a couple small bugs (An envelope with just attack and release had no sustain!).

I've slightly changed exponential curves from being perfect exponentials, but ending at -48dB, to being not perfect exponentials but going to 0. (The curve is now drawn from Start+Epsilon to End+Epsilon, and Epsilon is subtracted from the curve to bring it down to Start to End. So if End is zero, the curve really goes to zero.)

I also made a few missing example patches for the tutorial. (The examples show how EVERYTHING in Moselle works, so you don't need a manual. Which is lucky, because there's no manual...)

One bug left, then I'll move on to some changes for the Channel module.

Return to “Developer's Blog”