Alpha #10 making progress slowing down more!

Details of features as they're being worked on or discussed internally.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forum
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha #10 making progress slowing down more!

Postby forum » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:37 am

Good news bad news. Good news is that I have the first simple patch completely working in the new "turbo mode" (Technically, Turbo Mode compiles the user patch into machine language, as opposed to merely interpreting it.)

The bad news is that I've come up with several great but complicated performance improvements to envelopes and especially LFOs that I want to make before I continue work on Turbo Mode. (In essence, turbo mode is so complicated that I want to absolutely finish a module and carve it in stone before further modification.)

I've also long had qualms about the Filter, which was the second or third module I wrote, back when I knew nothing about sound software :-) . As with LFO and Envelope, I don't want to implement Turbo Mode on the Filter then change the filter later. I need to make whatever change I make NOW, THEN continue Turbo Mode.

Return to “Developer's Blog”