Alpha-09 Release maybe tomorrow

Details of features as they're being worked on or discussed internally.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forum
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha-09 Release maybe tomorrow

Postby forum » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:07 pm

My goals for Alpha-09 were:

-- patches you write with Alpha-09 will work forever,
-- the output of the patches will not change at all.

This meant all changes to the way the existing modules work would be finished. All changes to the language would be done now. Future changes to the modules and the language would add new features, new modules, etc., but not change any detail of existing modules.

However I am not going to meet this goal. I only have a half-dozen projects left to meet this goal but I just want to release it as is.

There were several other things I hoped to do: improvements to the 260+ tutorial files, and improvements to the GUI. However these I can frankly make any time. Making them later, even much later, won't impact whether patches continue to work or sound the same.

So the good news is, probably, Alpha-09 release tomorrow.

Return to “Developer's Blog”