Alpha-09 proj 20something of 56

Details of features as they're being worked on or discussed internally.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
forum
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alpha-09 proj 20something of 56

Postby forum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Alpha-09 development is really depressing. I'm cleaning up 2/3rds of the modules. Most of the clean-ups mean the old patches no longer work, so I'm going through 200+ patches changing them to meet the new functionality. And many of these cleanups are changing the output a bit, which means the automated testing system that compares all patch's outputs to "reference copies" of what they should output is showing that lots of patch's outputs are changing. Even when expected I have to go through by hand and verify that they're changing how they're supposed to. Maybe I'm 1/3 done. I'll be changing the Envelope module next, which will make the output a tiny bit better and a tiny bit faster... and output different sounds than the "reference copy" for pretty much any patch with an envelope, which is of course most of them.

Alpha-10 will have NONE of this. It is actually a big programming job: making a "compiler" mode, which is computer-speak for maybe 5-30x faster. BUT, the patches and their output will be identical from beginning to end.

Return to “Developer's Blog”