MIDI controllers

(Please do not submit an idea here unless you are granting us permission to use it freely. Otherwise there will be confusion, should we already be thinking of your idea.)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rack Rush
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MIDI controllers

Postby Rack Rush » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi.
I have installed and tried out Moselle.
It works fine with my system ( :) ) and I am hoping to use it with my MIDI controller (Evolution MK-249c).. but I would like to know if the full set of MIDI controls (CC# 0-120) will be available to use.
I have more controllers that I would use via MIDI-Ox (to merge them).
If the software can be updated to take more CC#s I can use the increased number of controls (60+) for serious patch control.

Rack Rush

Re: MIDI controllers

Postby Rack Rush » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Forgot to add.. please remove MIDI active sensing code.. it's driving me nuts (cuts off audio every so often).
Another wish regarding CC#s - please allow use of numbers instead of names. Sometimes 93 makes more sense than Chorus!

forum
Site Admin

Re: MIDI controllers

Postby forum » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Rack Rush!

Thanks for giving it a try!

Active sensing: based on your report I'm upping the period needed with no messages that forces an "all sound off" from 3 seconds to 6. The problem may be due to Moselle currently being a CPU hog, and so busy making sound that it's not seeing messages in a timely fashion.

Moselle lets you use EVERY controller. I actually don't know if any of the supplied tutorial patches give a full list of names, so here it is. Every controller from #0 to #119, EXCEPT #32-63, 98, and 100 which are treated as high-resolution numbers for 0-31, 99, and 101, and #88 which is the high-resolution component for all other controllers. BTW all controllers present as 0-1. Arguably controls 10, and 71-78 could be -1 to 1, like pitch bend is, but that seemed more confusing to a user.

So anyway, I think that gives you 86 controllers. If you need more, I've been toying with the idea of giving access to multiple MIDI channels. For instance you could have a patch on Channel 1, that uses MIDI controllers on Channel 1 AND on Channel 2, etc. I've also considered making a global setting saying 32-63 are normal controllers, not fine-tuning for other controllers.

Since this is a programming language, you have to type the names EXACTLY as seen here, by the way. You can't say "Control" if the list says "Ctrl"...

BankSelect
ModWheel
BreathCtrl
CN3
FootCtrl
PortTime
DataEntryMSB
ChannelVol
Balance
CN9
PanCtrl
ExprCtrl
EffectCtrl1
EffectCtrl2
CN14
CN15
CN15
General1
General2
General3
General4
CN20
CN21
CN22
CN23
CN24
CN25
CN26
CN27
CN28
CN29
CN30
CN31
DamperPdl
PortamentoPdl
Sostenuto
SoftPdl
Legato
DamperPdl2
SoundVariation
Timbre
ReleaseTime
AttackTime
Brightness
DecayTime
VibratoRate
VibratoDepth
VibratoDelay
SoundCtrl10
SoundCtrl10
General5
General6
General7
General8
PortamentoCtrl
CN85
CN86
CN87
CN89
CN90
ReverbSend
TremoloDepth
ChorusDepth
DetuneDepth
PhaserDepth
DataIncrement
DataDecrement
NonRegParam
RegParam
CN102
CN103
CN104
CN105
CN106
CN107
CN108
CN109
CN110
CN111
CN112
CN113
CN114
CN115
CN116
CN117
CN118
CN119

Return to “New Feature Requests”